Americana Pot Roast with Garlic Fried Green Beans
1 boneless chuck roast, about 3 lbs., trimmed
2 cans (14.25 oz. each) Del Monte® Original Stewed Tomatoes, not drained
1 medium onion, chopped
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
3 large carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
Garlic Fried Green Beans
2 cans (14.25 oz. each) Del Monte® Cut Green Beans, well drained
2 tsp. olive oil
1/4 tsp. garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
Hot cooked mashed potatoes, optional
- Brown roast on all sides in a hot non-stick skillet on medium-high heat, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together tomatoes, onion and Worcestershire sauce in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add meat and top with carrots.
- Cover and cook 8 to 10 hours on LOW or 4 to 6 hours on HIGH or until meat is tender.
- Dice about 2 cups of roast and add 2 1/2 cups sauce. Cool slightly then cover and refrigerate. Save for Day 2.
- About 15 minutes before serving, make gravy and Garlic Fried Green Beans. For gravy, remove meat from slow cooker. Place flour in a small bowl and gradually stir in 2 Tbsp. cold water until smooth; whisk into sauce in slow cooker. Cover and cook 5 to 10 minutes on HIGH or until slightly thickened, stirring with whisk 2 to 3 times.
- For green beans, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add green beans and garlic; cook about 2 to 3 minutes until hot, stirring frequently.
Serve on Day 1: Serve sliced pot roast, green beans, carrots,
gravy and mashed potatoes, if desired.
Save for Day 2: Cover and refrigerate the diced roast beef and sauce.