Mexican Skillet Pizza
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 box (8.5 oz.) corn muffin mix
1 can (15.25 oz.) Del Monte® Whole Kernel Corn, well drained, divided
1 can (4 oz.) mild diced green chilies, rinsed and well drained
¼ tsp. dried oregano
1/4 cup mild taco sauce or 1/2 cup pizza sauce
1 can (14.5 oz.) Del Monte® Diced Tomatoes, well drained
1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
¼ cup sliced green onions, divided
1 can (2.25 oz.) sliced olives, well drained, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat oil in a 10-inch cast iron skillet for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare corn muffin batter according to directions; stir in 3/4 cup corn and green chilies. Spread batter evenly in hot skillet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Carefully remove hot skillet from oven. Spread crust with taco sauce; sprinkle with oregano, tomatoes and remaining corn. Sprinkle with cheese, 2 Tbsp. green onions and olives, if desired.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining 2 Tbsp. green onions. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into wedges.
VARIATIONS: Prepare recipe as directed, except:
- For Spicy Mexican Pizza, add sliced fresh jalapeños with green onions and
olives in Step 3.
- For Sausage Mexican Pizza, add 3/4 lb. cooked, crumbled chorizo sausage
or lean ground beef in Step 3 after spreading crust with taco sauce.